The COVID-19 update.
So, coronavirus happened. It kind of threw lives for both me and Demian upside down and really slowed down the development. There also haven't been any public updates in half a year now, so I thought we should finally get what we've added since last time to everyone's hands.
As usual, I'll try to keep it short, but here's a changelog since last public release:
- rivers now receive glacial melt
- waterflow is seasonal (important for wadis and seasonal rivers)
- new "satellite" map mode
- soil moisture simulation
- grass and shrubs simulation (trees and soil organics are still missing)
- completely reworked UI
- a ledger for global statistics
- an options screen (you can finally turn down the volume if you want)
- better name generation for provinces and countries
- pathfinding algorithms of all kinds for future use
- improved generation of countries
- graphical country borders
- simple technology simulation
- fixed map exports (no more unnecessary distortions around poles)
- improved permafrost soils
- sliders controlling generation of realms
- modding support for technologies and languages (as in, languages of countries in the game, not the language used in the UI)
- improved resource generation and simplified modding support for it
- categorization of map modes for easier access
- categorization of defines into categories for easier access
- defines presets
- minor bug fixes
The update also technically includes simulation of religion, cultures as well as algorithms deciding which societies are hunter gatherers, nomads of agriculturalists, but I haven't included them in the checklist because you can't really view them yet (well, you can see the last one in the "CalaDebug" map mode).
I was hoping to get pops and characters into this update, but unfortunately, with covid making my life a hell with constant coughing and fever, I ran out of time before a period of exams in my college. We will probably release another update that includes these features before the final 0.2 update.
(As a closing note and a bit of a warning, change default defines to "no vegetation" for your first run. Otherwise, you'll generate half a millennia of plant growth and that really takes a while)
Get Songs of the Eons, 0.1.9
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.